|Home Watch schemes - coordinated by Dorset
Police - make a major contribution towards
crime prevention, so for your own peace of
mind - get involved!
If you have any information regarding any crime, suspected crime, or any
incident listed here, please call the Dorset Police on 01202/01305 222222
or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
This file sometimes pruned. If you want old reports, please email me.
- Elmwood Way, March 1: Burglary - entry gained by smashing conservatory
- Bure Lane, March 1/2: Car window smashed, and mirror broken, while parked
- Ridgefield Gardens, March 2/3: Car tyres slashed, while parked on road
- Field Way, February 4: Bike stolen from front garden
- Ridgefield Gardens, February 10: Damage caused to parked lorry
- Lymington Road, February 10: Damage caused to fence
- Neacroft, January 27/28: Bike stolen from front garden
- Waterford Road, February 1: Bike stolen from garage (which was left open)
- Saffron Drive, January ?: Bike stolen from front garden (it was insecure)
- Wingfield Avenue, December 17: Damage caused to vehicle parked on road.
One of many in the area recently.
- Saffron Drive, December 27/28: Damage caused to vehicle bodywork parked
- Nea Road, December 28/29: Car broken into. Stereo stolen.
- Smugglers Lane South, December 29: Car window smashed while parked on road.
- Rowan Drive, December 1: Garage broken into. Bike stolen.
- Burnside, December 1: Garage broken into (padlock smashed). Tools stolen.
- Preston Way, November 29: 4 garages broken into. Car in one also broken
- You are urged to invest in a cheap shed/garage alarm. They are only £10
Phone Anita on 01202 226214, who will arrange for delivery to your nearest
- Forest Way, November 13: Garage broken into. 2 angle grinders stolen.
- Elphinstone Road, November 17: Garage broken into. Golf clubs stolen.
- Saffron Way, November 21: Distraction burglary. Two males targeted elderly
male, saying his fence needed mending. £180 was agreed, but £350 was charged.
Afterwards it was discovered that a toolbox had been stolen.
- Ridgefield Gardens, discovered November 21: Breakin via rear porch/conservatory
while owner was away. Jewellery, cash, and china stolen.
- Chewton Farm Road, October 31: Garage broken into. Entry gained via the
side door through the back garden.
- Glenavon Road, October 18/24: Rear window forced. Untidy search, but not
known what was stolen yet.
- Chewton Farm Road, October 22/27: Several sheds broken into in the Borough,
including this one.
- Cold calling company, offering fire and security advice. Do not have anything
to do with them.
- Nea Close, October 4/5: Attempted break in to a parked car. This is only
one of several in the area.
- Highcliffe, October: Tarmaccers and Polish picture sellers are back in
the area. Do NOT deal with them.
- Lymington Road, September 15: A suspicious male banged on a window in the
afternoon saying there was a water leak. He was let into the house by the
elderly victim. He left and nothing appears stolen.
- Smugglers Lane South, September 14: Two windows smashed.